Skip to Content

Help With A Federal Agency

If you are unable to get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or help you obtain the information you need.

While we cannot guarantee a favorable outcome, nor can a Member of Congress instruct a federal agency on what decision should be rendered, we will do our best to help you receive a fair decision and a timely response.

Constituents can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies.

When contacting my office, please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondenceā€”such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. Ā§ 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. We must have your written authorization and/or to proceed with this type of request.

If you have questions, please contact the Tyler District Office at 903-561-6349.


U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services

Common areas of assistance include immigrant visa petitions and naturalization applications processed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

The USCIS website has information on every type of form, addresses for offices, information on fee changes, and a section where you can order forms online or through the mail.

On the USCIS website, you can use the Case Status Online page to track the status of an immigration application. Also, you can use the Processing Times page that the USCIS provides to further track your case.

If you have an ongoing or unresolved issue with USCIS, please print, fill out, and either email, mail, or fax the privacy form below along with any relevant materials to the Tyler district office.
The USCIS privacy release form must be printed & signed by you in ink.

Privacy Form for US Citizenship and Immigration

U.S. Department of State

Common areas of assistance include passports, international travel, and intercountry adoptions. Passports are handled by the U.S. Department of State (DOS). You can find the most up to date information on how to apply for or renew a passport on the DOS website. If you need a passport or your passport is under six months from expiring before travel, we recommend submitting your application to the DOS as soon as possible. Our office is unable to submit any application on your behalf but can check the status of a pending application.

Submit A Casework Request Online

For all passport related inquires, use the form below

Click here for passport inquiries

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Common areas of assistance include Veteran Affairs (VA) healthcare issues, veteran disability benefits, and GI Bill benefits.

The VA website has all up to date information on all VA forms, veteran benefit resources, and healthcare. If you need help finding the closest VA location to you, use their locator tool. If you have an ongoing or unresolved issue with the VA, please contact my office.

Submit Casework Request Online

Internal Revenue Service

Common areas of assistance include delayed processing of tax returns, economic impact payments, and child tax credit advance payments.

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website has information on every type of form and document pertaining to American taxpayers. Using their website you can file taxes, inquire about tax refund status, pay an outstanding balance, Access your IRS account, and more.

Submit Casework Request Online

U.S. Social Security Administration

Common areas of assistance include issues with Social Security retirement, Medicare enrollment, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). SSDI and SSI are both types of disability benefits with different eligibility criteria.

Social Security is part of the retirement plan for almost every American worker. It provides replacement income for qualified retirees and their families. Visit the Social Security Administration (SSA) website to enroll in Medicare, SSDI, or SSI benefits.

For further retirement information, please visit the retirement page on the SSA website.

Submit Casework Request Online

All Other Agencies

Use the privacy release form below to submit a casework request for any federal agency that is not listed above.

Submit Casework Request Online

Unfortunately, issues regarding civil and criminal legal cases, as well as certain issues involving Texas State government agencies, are not within my Congressional jurisdiction. Examples of these types are listed below

  • Legal Issues
  • Criminal Cases
  • Civil Cases
  • Child Custody Issues
  • Divorce Cases
  • Child Support Services
  • Credit Card Problems
  • Bank Problems
  • Non-Federal Workers Compensation
  • State Revenue Taxes
  • Private Insurance Claims
  • Food Stamp Issues
  • State and County Highways and Roads
  • Public School Issues
  • Homeowner Insurance Claims
  • Private Industry Complaints
  • Utilities Issues