DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, THE WORKSHOP HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
STAY TUNED FOR A NEW DATE.
"The Tools of the Trade: Building Your Nonprofit for Greater Community Impact"
Hosted by Congressman Jim Moran
Congressman Jim Moran will host a workshop designed to help nonprofit organizations in the 8th Congressional District learn about funding opportunities, board development and nonprofit management topics. The program will consist of an opening discussion and small group strategy sessions led by nonprofit leaders.
The event is in collaboration with Volunteer Fairfax and the Center for Nonprofit Management, Philanthropy, and Policy at George Mason University. Light refreshments will be served.
Eileen Ellsworth, President of the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia, will serve as the keynote speaker. Read her bio here.(http://www.cfnova.org/effective-philanthropy/eileen-ellsworth)
Breakout session topics will include:
- Winning Government Funding-Glenn Hopkins, President/Chief Executive Officer, Hopkins House
- How a Change in Board Leadership Impacts Executive Directors-Jeanne Sanders, Executive Director, Volunteer Fairfax
- Building your Board's Financial Literacy-Eric Fraint, President, Your Part-Time Controller
- Accessing Corporations for Fundraising Success-Anna Smith, Director of Development, Pathway Homes, Inc.
- Hiring and Firing Consultants-Mary Ellen Hickman, Hickman Consulting Partners-
- Getting the Most out of your Volunteers-Emily Swenson, Deputy Director and Anna McDevitt, Agency Relations Coordinator, Volunteer Fairfax
- Unlocking Foundation Fundraising-Patricia Pasquale, Director, The Foundation Center of Washington
For more information please contact Krysta Jones, Outreach Director, Krysta.Jones@mail.house.gov or 703-971-4700.