Passport Services

Looking for a passport facility? Use the Passport Facility Search Page.

There are a few things you will need to bring:

  • Passport forms - available from passport agencies, post offices, clerks of court, travel agencies and here
  • Proof of US Citizenship (either a certified copy of your birth certificate or a previous passport)
  • A set of identical, recent photographs (2x2 inches/must show full face, front view)
  • Proof of Identity (a valid driver's license, military ID, government ID, corporate ID, Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship.)
  • Your Social Security Card
  • Money! - If you are over 16 years old, it is $135 for a 10 year passport ($110 fee plus $25 execution fee). If you are under 15 it is $105 for a 5 year passport ($80 fee plus $25 execution fee). You will need a check or money order made payable to Passport Services (post offices and passport agencies accept cash in the exact amount of the fee). If you passport is needed within two weeks or less, bring proof as to why you need it expedited, and $60 per application. Go to the website at for more information.

Have an Emergency? Leaving in five days?

Please call my DISTRICT office at (703) 971-4700.

Renewing your passport?

U.S. passports expire every five to ten years. You can renew your passport by mail by filling out Form DS-82, found here, if your most recent passport:

  • is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
  • was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • was issued within the last 15 years; and
  • was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change

If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must Apply in Person. Please note that those under 15 must apply in person for both first time applicants and renewals.

Fees: For adults (age 16 or older) renewing your passport will cost $110. Minors 15 and under are $80 to renew.

For more information, please visit